Looking Forward to a Fun Filled Summer – A Handy Roundup of Summer Events at all our Heliodoor Locations!
The sun has finally come out to play and we’re getting ready for a summer of fun! Here at Heliodoor Apartments, we want to ensure you have the best time this summer and don’t miss out on any of the fun, so we have put together a comprehensive roundup of summer events for Milton Keynes, St Albans and Watford!
Whether you’re seeking cultural experiences, music festivals, or family-friendly entertainment, there’s something for everyone. So pack your picnic bags, immerse yourself in the summer spirit, and come and make some awesome memories with us!
*All information is correct at the time of publishing but please be sure to check all dates and details on individual event websites*
Summer Fun in St Albans
Want to experience the vibrant culture and lively festivities of St Albans this summer? We’ve rounded up the top events that will make your summer truly memorable. From film festivals to folk music celebrations, you won’t have time to get bored this summer!
- TotFest Hertfordshire (8th July) – Experience a day of family-friendly fun and entertainment. Designed with young children in mind, this festival offers a wide range of activities and attractions, from interactive storytelling sessions and engaging workshops to exciting performances and lively music. https://www.totfestfestival.com/totfesthertfordshire
- Folk By The Oak (16th July) – Immerse yourself in the world of folk music at the St Albans Folk Festival. Enjoy live performances by talented musicians, traditional dances, and workshops that showcase the rich heritage of folk music. https://www.folkbytheoak.com/
- Gin & Rum Festival (22nd July) – Visit St Albans Cathedral and enjoy some of the best gins and rums on offer! There’ll be plenty of free samples and music from an award-winning DJ! https://www.stalbanscathedral.org/event/gin-rum-festival
- Pub in the Park (8th-10th Sept) – Indulge in gourmet food and live music at the “Pub in the Park” event in St Albans. This culinary extravaganza, created by renowned chef Tom Kerridge, brings together an impressive lineup of talented chefs, local pubs, and award-winning restaurants. https://www.pubintheparkuk.com/st-albans
- St Albans Film Festival (Date to be announced soon) – Celebrate the art of filmmaking at the St Albans Film Festival, featuring screenings of various different films. Don’t miss this opportunity to explore the world of cinema! http://www.stalbansfilmfestival.com/
What’s on in Milton Keynes this Summer?
Are you ready to soak up the sun and the cultural delights in the newest UK city this summer? As a modern city with a thriving arts and entertainment scene, Milton Keynes offers an exciting array of events and activities that are sure to make your summer unforgettable. From internationally renowned festivals to unique local celebrations, there’s something for everyone here in Milton Keynes.
- Marston Comedy Festival (7th-8th July) – Hosted by The Comedy Cow, this festival brings together a lineup of hilarious comedians who will have you in stitches! If you are a comedy lover you don’t want to miss this one! https://www.thecomedycow.co.uk/page-99-marston-festival-2023.aspx
- Milton Keynes International Festival (21st-30th July) – Kick-start your summer with this popular event that showcases world-class performers in theatre, dance, and music. Be sure to check the festival schedule for dates, venues, and the incredible lineup of performers, a lot of which are free! https://ifmiltonkeynes.org/whats-on
- Milton Keynes Dragon Boat Festival (22nd July) – Join thousands of spectators to watch the dragon boat races as teams paddle their way to victory on the water! This family-friendly event offers a range of activities and entertainment, making it the perfect day out for all ages. https://dragonboatevents.co.uk/milton-keynes-dragon-boat-festival/
- Reggae Land (5th-6th August) – Celebrating the rich heritage of reggae music with infectious beats and soulful melodies. There will be a Caribbean food village, carnival dancers, a fairground, and much more! http://reggaeland.co.uk/
- Milton Keynes Festival at Campbell Park (27th-28th August) – This is the UK’s biggest tribute festival and the event promises to host two days of the best tribute bands on the planet in the beautiful surroundings of Campbell Park. Find out more here https://m-k-f.com/
Keep up to date with all Milton Keynes events this summer here: https://www.destinationmiltonkeynes.co.uk/whats-on/
Watford in Summer
Heading to Watford this summer? We have plenty to keep you busy! Whether you have a passion for performing arts or a love for sports, Watford offers a delightful lineup of summer productions, festivals and shows!
- Hercules Production (15th July) – This ‘delightfully daft’ family theatre production is happening at Cassiobury Park, and is perfect for families! Travel back in time to the land of heroes, monsters and myths and join Hercules as he labours for beauty, truth and love – You can even dress up for this one! https://www.wegottickets.com/event/576563
- Magic Kurtis Family Show (28th July) – Magic Kurtis has performed all over the world (even Disney!) and he is bringing his show to The Pump House Theatre in Watford! There will be magic, illusions, comedy and lots of audience participation! https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/pumphousewatford/magic-kurtis-family-show/e-kgapml
- R&B Lovers (29th July) – Presented by RB Lovers, this gathering promises an unforgettable evening of R&B and soul music. Dance the night away with a fusion of old-school classics and contemporary hits and enjoy an evening filled with glitter, glam and confetti! https://www.rnblovers.co.uk/event/rb-lovers-saturday-29th-july-pryzm-watford/
- Watford’s Big Sports Day (9th September) – This free local event has a whole host of sporting and fitness activities for you to try! Previous years have included trampolining, BMX shows, inflatables and so much more – A great day for the whole family! https://www.watfordevents.com/events
- Watford Fringe (22nd Sept – 8th Oct) – This highly anticipated event showcases an incredible array of talent. From theatre performances and thought-provoking spoken word acts to mesmerising dance shows and musical acts. This event takes place at various venues across Watford – find all the details on the website. https://www.watfringe.co.uk/
For more Watford events this summer, here’s a great page to watch: https://visitwatford.com/visit/summer-of-fun/
Make this summer one to remember and enjoy all that these vibrant locations have to offer!
And why limit yourself to just one day of fun? Book to stay with us for as long as you need and make the most of your summer adventures. Heliodoor Apartments provides comfortable and convenient apartments and houses in all these wonderful locations!
Our serviced apartments offer a home away from home, providing the perfect base to explore all that these incredible cities have to offer. Summer dates are selling out quickly so don’t miss out – book your stay with us today!